Monday, January 28, 2013

Madama Butterfly Animation

I really enjoyed this animation. Its slight humor, playing upon its use of dolls was very amusing. Given what I know about this opera I felt it condensed the story well and told it in a compelling way. Despite it's humorous touch, I still felt it captured alot of the emotion in the aria. I was moved by some of the simple symbolism and beauty the animator used, while still managing to keep it from being too depressing. The butterfly, used as a connecting element from beginning to end was a very nice touch, and made it very cohesive over all. The suicide via dissembling was also a nice choice on the part of the animator, because it was emotional without being violent, which may have ruined the atmosphere created by the feel of the animation.   I liked this interpretation of this aria, very creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment