Saturday, March 23, 2013

Grid Art = Almost 8-Bit Me


Original

This project was very interesting. Obviously, the extreme simplification of the gradation and colors was a challenge. I loved this self portrait I took of myself, and the effect I added looked very interesting with my purple hair. I wanted to do this picture because I felt it would be an interesting challenge with the broad breath of colors. I chose the circle shape of cut paper because I wanted the colors to have white space between them, to make them distinct, but not too much white space, and the circle shape was perfect. I love the 8-bit videogame feel this project turned out with, the biggest difference is that the pieces are circular instead of square.  If I could do the project again I would use the Square cut paper shape, because the 8-bit feel would have been even stronger, and emphasized the texture of the paper. I liked this style of art, and may do other projects like this to emulate the 8-bit feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment