Thursday, April 18, 2013

Xerox Art Project

This was my xerox art project. I used about 3 glue sticks to make it. I love the way my hair turned out, it gives a very interesting effect. In alot of my art projects that involve my own image I love to use makeup and costumes to change my appearance. In this project I found this difficult, because even in the images that I used heavy makeup, it was difficult to see, and seemed to make little diference. I am happy with the way it turned out, minus the white spaces, where things refused to stick or I didn't fill with images. A funny thing happened on the way to the parking garage after we showed these projects in class. I was walking with this project, when a guy asked me what it was. I told him the basic premise of the project. He nodded his head and then commented "that one chick (in the center bottom of the sign) looks like she's eating someone out" I laughed and explained that that was not the intention, and he nodded but he held his opinion of it looking like a sex act. I thought this was interesting, and thought it would be good to share, because not everyone interprets art the way you intend.

No comments:

Post a Comment